Callander's Place Plan Process
Our current place for the Local Place Plan process, running from September 2021 to October 2022, is shown below.
Phase 1 - Fact finding
Focus Groups | High School pupils | Callander residents
September – November 2021
- 8 focus groups from specific sections of the community
- PAS toolkit for residents – identify strengths and weaknesses in the town
- High School pupils audit our town facilities
Phase 2 - Analysis and feasibility
Businesses | Steering group | Landowners | Local community groups
December- January 2022
- Identify emerging themes.
- Identify potential delivery partners.
- Estimate costs to complete.
- Identify land for proposals.
Phase 3 - Public consultation goes live
All Callander residents
February – March 2022
- Online survey goes live.
- Paper copies of the consultation circulated to each household in Callander.
- Incentives to participate.
Phase 4 - Analysis and feasibility
- Analyse results of public consultation
- Assign delivery partners to community proposals
- Only proposals with clearly indicated support across the community to be considered for final document. Proposals must align with Scottish Government National Planning Framework (NPF4)
Phase 5 - Negiotiation
June – July 2022
- Assess support from statutory authorities.
- Negotiate with LLTNP and Stirling Council where needed.
- Callander residents updated on progress of negotiations.
Phase 6 - Delivery
- Plan delivered to statutory authorities for comment.
- Final Callander Local Place Plan written, designed and published.